Fixing mixed content in WordPress
After installing an SSL and enabling HTTPS, you may find that some images do not display properly anymore. If you have recently installed an SSL, one of these sets of steps may fix your issue.
Using a plugin
- Follow these steps to Install the Really Simple SSL plugin.
- Activate the plugin.
- Under Settings select SSL.
- Providing your SSL is active, you can click the Go ahead, activate SSL! button.
- You have now setup the plugin which will fix most image issues caused by an SSL install.
Using the .htaccess or web.config file
- Connect to your hosting with FTP.
- Follow these steps to Redirect HTTP to HTTPS automatically.
- You have now setup the HTTPS redirect up and this may resolve additional image issues.
You have now resolved the images not displaying due to the recent SSL.